Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The MC (A Letter to Ghostface Killah)

This blog entry is for those breathstinking, candy-ring wearing, nose ring having, lack of mother’s love missing, should have gotten more beatin needin simpletons!

If you haven't owned a pair of shell top Adidas with no laces in them, had a pair of Cazals (fake jawns count too-times were hard back then), a windbreaker with colored beads on the hood drawstrings, a Kangol, a dookey fat rope chain, a 3 or 4 ringer ring, name belt, a boombox with a broken rewind button, and/or heard a DJ spin 45s with the rice krispie crackling sound then SHUT THE ENITRE FUCK UP, SIT DOWN, & LEARN SOMETHING!

The emcee is a privilege not a right. That right is earned. It’s handed down from royalty and it is the FEW not the many that are blessed. The emcee is a crowd rocker, a beat RIDER, and head DECAPITATOR!

Old heads, this is for you; we are the teachers if we want this culture, this lifestyle, this belief of what Hip-Hop is...quite simple, THIS THING OF OURS! Has passed some of our community. IF WE DON’T PROTECT IT RIGHT NOW, IT WON’T LAST ANOTHER GENERATION! We have to do better! We literally have a culture that can be traced back in our time. We can trace the beginning to 1973 and to the radio in 1979. No culture today, in any facet, can claim that. So we are the future not the ones fucking up the game! We don’t care of a culture that's less than 40yrs old. That’s not Hip-Hop! And we know it!

We have to start ignoring that garbage. I know many of y’all are hypnotize because radio programs got that garbage stuck on repeat. I get it; We get it. But it is very easy to break the spell it really ain’t hard; RESEARCH on this little iddy, biddy thing called the internet! C’MON SON! Are you fucking kidding me! You telling me and the Hip-Hop world that when you’re on the computer tweeting and facebooking that we can’t look up some real music? What’s on your iPod? If it is that same bullshit on the radio then why did you waste your money on an iPod? Family, we can do a whole lot better! I’m trying to do my part. Let’s educate ourselves (if apply) and pass that shit on to those that are worthy. And this is the FANS mission & duty. I didn’t have any of our artist growing up mentoring me; well actually they did...IN THE MUSIC! But there were old heads there to break that shit down for me. 

I have a good friend that is a DJ and he told me a disturbing story. It’s about a young lady who was at one of his events and she requested a song from Nas. It was one of his radio friendly songs and my dude didn’t have it. She then requested a song but didn’t know who sang it. He said, “what’s the name of the song?” She said, “it’s called ‘Nasty’” He then proceeded to say, “Are you serious? You playing!” She said, “No, my girlfriend’s boyfriend wants to hear it.” After more questions and answers, neither the girl, her girlfriend, or the dude knew that Nasty Nas & Nas was the same person.

WHAT! I thought he was fucking with me; however, the tone, the pitch, volume was all off. To me, that means he was dead ass serious.

Then there was a tweet I read on Talib Kweli’s timeline. (no names) “...told me to be less Talib and more Drake.” Talib appropriately answered “be yourself.”

*NOTE: In no way am I speaking for Talib Kweli (don’t start shit!)* My problem is, who in their rabid ass mind would put Drake in the same breath as Talib Kweli! C’MON SON (Shout out and Salute to Ed Lover)! The BlackStar cat, The Reflections Eternal guy, The Gutter Rainbows fellow? Stop It B (Shout out and Salute to Felonious Munk)!

!!!!OH! SHIT!! Hold on, be right back...(15 minutes later); ok class, instead of me lecturing you, here’s your homework assignment: If you don’t have the Wu-Tang Album already (“Legendary Weapons”) then get on a computer, and somewhere find the track titled, “Legendary Weapons.” It’s Ghostface Killah featuring AZ and MOP. If you don’t know all three of these EMCEES then...<censored>

The following is a letter to Ghostface

Ghost,

What’s up Family? How is everything? How’s the Clan? Tell everyone I said, “What’s good.” Just a quick backdrop: I’m far behind in my music and I’m caught up. I had so much music to catch up on that I put them in alphabetical order by artist (My dumbass!).  So naturally I’m listening to the latest Wu Album: “Legendary Weapons.” As I’m writing my blog (which is the reason for this correspondence) your track came on “Legendary Weapons;” May I ask you a question:

WHAT THE FUCK MONEY!!!!!!! Really Ghost!!!!! The hole in the chest wasn’t big enough??? You had to go for the jugular vein then cut the head off too!!!? Them radio, soft cookie eaten, tongue-ring wearin, bastard children mutherfuckers in the game right now already had no heart! Well I’m certainly glad that you bodied them. Give a shout out and man-hugs (LOL) to AZ & M.O.P. for me; if you had to have co-defendants then they certainly & absolutely fit that fuckin mode! I can’t say shit else but DAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYAAAAYAM!!!!!! SALUTE MY MOTHERFUCKIN DUDE!

Very respectfully,

Philly
“Hip-Hop Ain't Lost” Blog Editor

Ok, I’m back, you have to give credit when credit is due! Old heads are dismissed but don’t forget your homework assignment. Each One Teach One, Hip-Hop Never Stops! For the young bucks; what is the moral of today’s lesson...I’ll wait....
This how we fuckin get on the MI motherfuckin C (‘on the mic’ for those that can’t figure it out) & DESTROY it!!! There’s no coming back from that; Ghostface, AZ, and M.O.P. went the movie “Expendable” on the fuckin game! So if you coming with that bullshit...tell you what: Take that bullshit, go the fuck home, and get yourself a life coach! You simple motherfuckers!!!
...from the immortal words of Jean Grae, “SCRABBLEBEOTCH”

Salute

Philly aka Philly2AZ aka Mr. Who is That aka Mr. I throw up when I hear wack shit

UNO

“Salute 2 Real Hip-Hop, Hip-Hop Never Stops”

No comments:

Post a Comment